Followers

Monday 7 March 2016

MIXED MEDIA LAYOUT WITH HEARTFELT CREATIONS

'' Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows
That's what the sunflowers do.''--------    Helen Keller

Hello friends,

I am Anita here with a new creation and more inspiration from Heartfelt Creations. It's really a happy moment for me to be chosen as one of the semi finalist for HC DT call 2016.  And so this gave me the oppurtunity to create many beautiful and different projects with this brand. And my love for Heartfelt creations is growing everyday. As I am creating and experimenting, I am challenging myself to do something new, something out of my comfort zone....to go just a little beyond the usual flowers and the many cards that I had been making.

My friends and my wellwishers demand to see something new each time and so I being in love with Heartfelt Creations look beyond the usual...thus creating...jewellery !!!!!yes !!!! I have made beautiful neckpieces with HC products ....and then came another bouncer----I bet you CANNOT CREATE CAS WITH THESE .... WELL !!!!! I,ve overcome this too with not one but seven CAS cards all with HC products and believe me !!!! they are so much fun to make and look classy as well.
Then came another thunderbolt .... MIXED MEDIA ?????
This was the comment----''These are not for mixed media... you see ...You get special stamps for that purpose..and so on etc. etc...''  So no mixed media with Heartfelt Creations ????
NO!!!! Proved wrong again....


Heartfelt Creations can be used to create wonderful mixed media canvases and layouts, art journals etc. I have stepped out of comfort zone... to Create Mixed Media !!!!!
The end result is of course so beautiful... I myself was taken aback... oh !!!! the beauty of sun flowers... I could feel my stress, my tiredness drain away as I looked at those blooms against that multi layered background... 



So to all those Mixed Media lovers... go for HC products and believe me !!! you will not regret it.
Here are the pictures of my product and after seeing these , you will very well understand, why Heartfelt Creations has become my first love !!!


Here are the detailed instructions for making this layout.
 A.Make the Flowers and Leaves

1. First make flowers. Choose any flower you want, I have chosen the Sun Kissed Fleur stamp and die set .
 2.  Stamp the image with Archival Dandelion ink along with some Archival Coffee ink .
 Stamped enough to make at least 8 to 10 flowers.
3. Then I cut them in my Big Shot and coloured the flower die cuts with a mix of Archival Dandelion, Butter cup and Sepia.
4. All the flowers are shaped and moulded on the Deluxe flower Shaping Tool kit.
5. For the center , I applied glossy accents and then added Prima Micro Beads mixed with Earth coloured flower soft.
6.Apply a little Rangers Crackle paint on each petal to give a little gloss and texture to the flowers.
For the leaves, I stamped images from the Open Leaf and Classic Leaf stamp and die set.
I used Library Green to stamp the image and cut it on my Big Shot.
 I used Archival Leaf Geen, Library green and coffee for colouring. Some leaves are just cut without any stamping and coloured.
7. Finish Moulding the leaves.

B.Prepare the background

1. Now let us prepare our background. I would advice you to keep all items to be used altogether so that you can play with them and use them as you want.
2. For my background, I chose the paper from the Classic Sunflower Paper pad.
3. Apply a light layer of Liquitex Gesso to tone down the print.
4. I applied some more texture with Stencils and modelling paste. Try to be uniform all over keeping in my mind that no part should look more overbearing hiding the other elements.
5. I have used several pieces of chipboard pieces and adhered on to my board with Rangers Gel Medium. You can see, how I covered some chipboard with twine. Some chip board die cuts placed here and there maintaining the symmetry and balance of the layout.
6. Sprinkle some beads at different places to add texture. Once dry, I covered the board again with Gesso. A few buttons, in one corner break the montony.
7. Now comes the colouring part......
8. I have liberally used acrylic paints from Plaid....These are creamy and beautiful... and Please try to use your finger tips to spread the colour.
9. Spray areas mist made from water and perfect pearls.
Dry well between each layer with your heat gun.
 Apply some Viva decor Inka gold on the various parts to add that golden sheen matching to sunflowers.
10. After this dries, apply  some more gel medium on areas where you want more golden hue.   Sprinkle some superfine gold embossing powder and heat with a heat gun.  See the powder melt away  to such a beautiful golden hue.
11. Sprtiz with Perfect Pearls spray mist and dry.
12.  Add some die cuts from Ornate collection .
Follow up by sticking flowers  and leaves made before to complete the arrangement and see the beauty unfold.
 



My style of mixed media with Heartfelt Creations. I hope you love this too.

So I believe,,, nothing is impossible and art has no boundaries... So Challenge me with something new and HC products.

HC products feel me with hope and determination to create something new and different.
And all I need is your love and support. Please do vote for me HERE to see me reach the finals. To achieve something two things are needed---Luck and Hardwork. Luck is not in my hands and I will not let you myself down with lack of hard work.

Do check in the store for all the supplies

Classic Sunflower paper pad
Deluxe flower shaping kit
Sun Kissed fleur Cling stamp 
Sun Kissed Fleur Die set
Italiana grapevine die
Open Leaf stamp set 
Open Leaf die set
Classic Leaf stamp set
Classic leaf Die 
Ornate borders and pockets die
Fleur borders and Pockets Die
Tim Holtz stencil-wild flower
Liquitex Gesso
Rangers Multi Medium matte gel
Prima Micro beads Bronze
Folkart -bark brown
Folkart-Citrus Green
Folkart -sunflower
TCW stencil mini Cubist
Art Basics Opague Matte Modelling Paste
Perfect Pearls Aged patina
 RangersSuperfine gold embossing powder
Viva decor Inka Gold-old gold
Chipboard charms and accessories from store.

So I you really think , I have done some nice work, do leave a comment.
Crafters Corner has the best range of Mixed Media of various brands and is a heaven for the lovers of mixed media. And the entire range of Heartfelt Creations is there for all of you explore and experiment.
The craft table is all yours ----
Happy Crafting !!!!

6 comments:

  1. Your sunflowers are indeed mesmerising to look at
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog! beautifull Flowers iliked thankyou for shearing this information with usamazon Shopping Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great blog. you really covered it all. Thank you for sharing such an important information. Hope to get some more information in future also.online shopping offers in india

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !