Followers

Friday 31 March 2017

Altered Printer Tray!

Hello everyone! 
Today I am back with a brand new tutorial for you all! As you all know I love shadow boxes/printer trays and when our store got this lovely Heart shaped Printer tray by Clearsnaps I just knew I had to alter it! For today's project I've used the stunning collection by Prima Marketing called Love Clippings. Its a gorgeous collection full love vintage love pattern papers and lovely co-ordinating embellishments. 








Now lets get started! 

These are the pieces that come in the set - 1back pc 
3 cut out windows for stacking and one full size high quality acrylic sheet to protect your photographs and embellishments. 

 I started off by painting the top layer with pretty bronze metallic paint by Prima Marketing I absoloutely love the finish these paints give. They are just the perfect shade not making it look too bright or too dull  
Next peel off the protective backing from both sides of the acrylic heart. 
Using Glossy accents attach it to the back of the pc we just painted.

Now taking another cutout pc for the base begin stenciling and cutting pattern papers for various windows.

Carefully draw n cut and attach to the base using glossy accents. 

For the middle rows these cards fit exactly so i mixed and matched them. Had such a hard time choosing them as all the quotes are so adorable!

Here is how it will look once you have all the pattern papers added.

Now for the next step I've used my all time favorite craft product- Mod podge melter and the melts in glass white along with these Gorgeous molds by prima marketing Im sure you all are fed up of seeing me use it lol I just love them its super quick and you have your own embellishments in no time! Ready to alter according to the theme of your project! Use them with paints. wax, sprays and the list goes on..

Now because my embellishments have some height the layers that the printer tray originally comes with are not enough so i have added foam tape to the entire tray to create the depth I am looking for. Placing my embellishments and the layers to check if it fits alright. 


Next I coloured the embellishment using 3 different colours of Prima Wax! Its an absolutely lovely product! So much can be done with it The best part is its super easy to use, you can blend various colours and its permanent. Its best for highlighting any project!


Next I stamped and heat embossed this floral stamp by Heartfelt Creations on some Vellum. I fussy cut the pieces , shaped them with a tweezers and added the oh so pretty Prills! Don't they look gorgeous? 


Now pack up the embellishments inside and then seal the printer tray. 
Decorate using flowers, embellishments and fussy cut pieces! 

Hope you all enjoyed today's post! 
Love
Anchal Sapra








PRODUCTS USED
Frank Garcia Love Clippings - Collection Kit A4
Heart Printer Tray
Metallique Steampunk Copper - Alchemy Acrylic Paint
Vintage Art Decor Mould Baroque #6
Vintage Art Decor Mould Baroque #3
Mod Podge Mod Melter
Milk Glass White
Rich Copper - Metallique Wax
Aged Brass - Metallique Wax
White Gold - Metallique Wax
Gold Rush - Glass Glitter
Ranger Heat It Tool - European Version
Gold
Minnie Pearls - Flower Centre


3 comments:

We would love to hear from you !